Thanks to Kathy for letting me stop by to visit today! Summer is here and everybody loves a great beach read. Readers have many options available to them so I’ve come up with the top five reasons they’ll want to add Engaging the Earl to their summer reading list. Happy Reading!
5 Excellent Reasons to Read ENGAGING THE EARL
1. Intriguing set-up (long-lost first love, second chance at love) The hero, Edward Stanhope, a second son with no prospects, is rejected as an appropriate suitor for Lady Katharine Granville, an earl’s daughter. Devastated, he joins the fight against Napoleon, determined to make a name for himself. He returns years later on the very evening Kat becomes engaged to another man.
2. What’s keeping them apart Not only does Lady Kat have a newly acquired fiancé, but Edward believes he is going mad because he suffers from nostalgia…better known today as Post Traumatic Stress, a condition suffered by soldiers who return from the battlefront.
3. Twists & turns Elena,Edward’s bombshell former mistress, and Viscount Lawrence Sinclair, Kat’s betrothed, don’t exactly behave as you’d expect which leads to some unexpected twists and turns.
4. Real-life inspiration: Edward is loosely inspired by Arthur Wellesley, the Duke of Wellington, who wasn’t allowed to marry an earl’s daughter because he was a second son with no prospects. Ten years later, after gaining a dukedom for his war service, Wellington returned to marry the woman he left behind.
5. There’s a dog in it! The heroine’s dog helps Edward cope with his attacks. I decided to bring a dog into the story after being moved by an article about an Iraq war veteran whose trained service dog helps him manage his PTS.
Title: Engaging the Earl by Diana Quincy
That Accidental Peers Series
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Genre: Historical, Romance
Length: 271 pages
He is a master strategist, but she’s laying siege to his heart…
Vivacious Lady Katherine Granville is the toast of the ton, but society’s most eligible miss secretly yearns for her childhood love, an untitled loner who vanished long ago after her father forbade their marriage.
After years abroad, the dark and brooding Edward Stanhope returns to England a changed man. No longer a second son with no prospects, his battlefield strategies have won him an earldom. His return should be a victorious one, but the new Earl of Randolph is battling secret demons that no one can discover. Least of all, Kat.
When the man she can’t forget reappears at her betrothal ball, Kat’s perfectly arranged future is thrown into tumult. Edward remains cold and distant, hoping she’ll marry a man worthy of her. But nothing is settled when Kat sets out to win back her first love. Can the new Earl of Randolph resist the woman he’s loved for so many years?
Add to Goodreads.
Purchase Links: Amazon * B&N * Kobo * iTunes * Entangled Publishing
Diana Quincy is an award-winning television journalist who decided she’d rather make up stories where a happy ending is always guaranteed.
Growing up as a foreign service brat, Diana explored many countries before settling down in Virginia with her husband and two sons. When not bent over her laptop or trying to keep up with laundry, she enjoys reading, spending time with her family and dreams of traveling much more than her current schedule (and budget) allows.
Diana loves to hear from readers. You can follow her on Twitter @Diana_Quincy or visit her website at www.dianaquincy.com
Author Links: Website * Facebook * Twitter * Goodreads
Digital copy of Compromising Willa.
$20 Giftcard (Amazon or B&B)
Follow the rest of the tour HERE.
25 Responses to Blog Tour Stop & Giveaway: Engaging the Earl by Diana Quincy
Sounds like a fun read to me… Thanks for stopping!
Love the cover looks so awesome.
I agree! I loved this cover the minute my publisher showed it to me.
It sounds really intriguing!
Hi Trix – I hope you get a chance to give it a try 🙂
Great five reasons
I hope everyone thinks so!
SOUNDS GREAT! THANKS FOR THE GIVEAWAY! firstname.lastname@example.org
You’re welcome. Good luck!
Thanks for the contest!
Thanks for stopping by!
Congratulations on the new release! Engaging the Earl sounds like a fascinating historical romance. Love the cover. Thanks for the great giveaway.
Thank you! I love the cover too.
It’s no secret I love this Diana Quincy’s writing. Engaging the Earl is an amazing read. I’d recommend to anybody who enjoys historicals. And/or hot, sexy men with brains. You should buy all four of her books at one time because they are like potato chips. Wishing her all the best on this book and future ones.
Thank you Mia! It’s great to see you here 🙂
Can’t wait to read it!!
I’d love to hear what you think 🙂
Had to friend on facebook, no like button. Thanks
Glad to have you as a FB friend 🙂
sounds wonderful, thanks for the chance!
Diana is a fairly-new-to-me author but so far she’s amazed me with what I’ve gotten in my hands. Job well done! Now I can’t wait to get Michael Fassbender, I mean, Engaging the Earl in my hands 😉
Thank you, Joanna! And it doesn’t get much better than Michael Fassbender does it? Sigh.
sounds like a great book! Thanks for the giveaway.