Top Five Things to See and Do in Banker’s Shoals
Banker’s Shoals may be a fictional town, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have a fantasy vacation there. If you make your way out to the Outer Banks in your imagination, these are the sights you just can’t miss.
5. Watch the horses running on the beach. The Outer Banks are home to wild horses—descended from Spanish Mustangs left behind by early Spanish settlers. You can take horse tours to see them, or you might just see them on the beach during your visit. Just remember to stay back—they’re feral—and respect that the island is their home.
4. The lighthouse. If you’re in the Outer Banks, you’re going to want to spend some time visiting some of the historic lighthouses. The Banker’s Shoals lighthouse is a coastal light and you can find it on the eastern side of the island.
3. Donuts on the boardwalk. What does a high school chemistry teacher do when he retires in the Outer Banks? Ryan’s former teacher opened an old fashioned donut shop, and it is glorious. Try the blueberry cake one—you won’t regret it.
2. Bonfire on the beach. Get yourself a permit, gather your friends, and enjoy the mild evening weather on the beach. If your sister happens to own a touristy bar, you might even be able to get a keg from her…just make sure to have a designated driver.
1. Take in a show at Shakespeare by the Sea. The Summer Stock playhouse features two plays every season—both a comedy and a tragedy. A professional cast and crew bring the bard’s stories to life—and rumor has it one of this year’s players is a big Hollywood name.
Title: Summer Stock by Vanessa North
Publisher: Riptide Publishing
Genre: Contemporary, M/M, F/M, Romance
Length: 239 pages/Word Count: 63,400
Tabloid scandals have driven TV star Ryan Hertzog to North Carolina’s Outer Banks, where he’s hiding out doing summer stock at his cousin’s seaside theater. When a hookup with local handyman Trey Donovan results in Ryan being photographed butt naked, he vows to keep his pants on and his hands off Trey. How was he supposed to know Trey would turn out to be the summer stock set builder?
Trey isn’t looking for a relationship; he’s still recovering from the emotional fallout of an abusive marriage. But Ryan’s laughter draws him in again and again, and he’s not about to say no to fooling around.
As the summer heats up, the paparazzi catch Ryan in increasingly compromising situations. Ryan might be too much drama for a summer fling—and Trey might be just an intermission from Ryan’s Hollywood life. But if they take their cues from Shakespeare, all’s well that ends well.
Add to Goodreads.
Purchase Link: Riptide Publishing
Author of over a dozen novels, novellas, and short stories, Vanessa North delights in giving happy-ever-afters to characters who don’t think they deserve them. Relentless curiosity led her to take up knitting and run a few marathons “just to see if she could.” She started writing for the same reason. Her very patient husband pretends not to notice when her hobbies take over the house. Living and writing in Northwest Georgia, she finds her attempts to keep a quiet home are frequently thwarted by twin boy-children and a very, very large dog.
To celebrate the release of Summer Stock, one lucky winner will receive a Summer Stock swag bag (pictured below)! Leave a comment with your contact info to enter the contest. Entries close at midnight, Eastern time, on May 20, 2017. Contest is NOT restricted to U.S. entries. Thanks for following the tour, and don’t forget to leave your contact info!